18 WAYS TO SAVE (AT LEAST) $1 A DAY
It’s true: the little things add up. As anyone who ever had a piggy bank knows, small everyday actions can help you save big. Hoping to create a financial cushion for yourself this season? Follow these 15 easy tricks to help you save at least a dollar a day:
- Hold the milk. In your coffee, that is. If you regularly stop at the coffee shop on your way to work, order it black to avoid any extra costs.
- Go generic. At the grocery store, pick the generic variety of different foods to save big on pantry staples.
- Keep the change. Sure, sometimes it’s annoying to have change littering your purse or jangling in your pocket, but you’d be surprised by how quickly those nickels add up.
- Swap soda for water. If you can’t give it up altogether, vow to sip water instead of soda during at least one meal each day.
- Trade CDs with a friend. Hoping to add the latest Rihanna song to your workout playlist? Reach out to a friend and burn CDs for each other to gather new music for free.
- Fuel up for less. Unless it’s required for your specific car model, nix the premium gas habit and use gasbuddy.com to find the cheapest gas in the area.
- Find free WiFi. Work in cafés or libraries with free WiFi. Not sure which spots offer Internet? Use the Free Wi-Fi app to scope out local places with wireless access.
- Practice your sewing skills. Skip a trip to the tailor and learn to do the simple adjustments yourself, like shortening a hem or taking in a blouse.
Keep reading for more tips to save $1 a day.
- Video chat to save minutes. Rather than spending an hour on your cell phone, use free services like Skype or Google Chat to catch up with your friends.
- Choose free apps. Are the premium features really that great? If not, pick the free version of your favorite smartphone apps to avoid unnecessary costs. Check out Free App a Day for daily app offers to help you save.
- Use a rewards card. Get major price cuts at the grocery store by using a rewards card. Even better? Look online before shopping to see if there are any coupons available for your must-have items.
- Check out free ebooks. Search Amazon for free titles to save big on your reading habit. You’ll be able to explore new authors and genres without spending a dime.
Continue reading this article at SavvySugar.com after the break!
— Wealth Building Daily
Find Winning Trades in Minutes!
It used to take years of practice and hours of research to consistently make winning trades in the stock market.
At Tradespoon, we don't believe finding profitable trades should be a full-time job.
That's why we developed tools to make smarter trading as easy as 1-2-3! We give you access to the kinds of tools that professional money managers use every day to boost their returns.
Click Here to Try it now - RISK FREE!